I touched on this fabulous online creative event in my first blog entry. This is the whole reason I started blogging. What is it? Well..... Lori Anderson of Pretty Things is the genius behind this event. Here's how it works.....
1. You have to have a blog. (that's why I'm here)
2. You sign up.
3. Lori matches you up with partner. (At this point, it could be anyone/anywhere. This is an international affaire.)
4. You swap beads with your partner. You send a focal piece, a clasp, and some coordinating spacers or beads. The items don't have to be hand made by you....but they should be hand made by an artisan. I don't think beads from Michaels or A.C. Moore are appropriate for this party.
5. The idea is to use the pieces your partner sends you with beads from your own stash and create something "outside" of your box or comfort zone.
6. You post pictures of what you sent your partner, what she sent you, and what you both made out of the swap on your blog.
7. Then Lori posts all of the blog addresses on her website (so do all of the bloggers involved) so everyone can hop around and see what everyone else did!
8. Then if you want, you can enter your items in a contest judged by Lori's invited guests who are in the jewelry making business.
9. If you are lucky..... she may choose your design to be published in her next book!
You should check out the following links if you are interested in knowing more.
Lori Anderson's blog Pretty Things.
The Pinterest Page for the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party participants to be judged.
Bead Soup Cafe on Facebook
Lori's Book Bead Soup: 32 Projects Show What Happens When 26 Beaders Swap Their Stash
As I said before......I was too late to participate in this one......but I WANT TO PLAY TOO! So next time....I'm set up with a blog and I will be on top of it. Look for it!
Here is a pic of one of my favorite creations from the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party by Doris Stumpf. I'm not sure who sent her the beads. But there are soooooo very many talented artists on this site. I have no idea how they can possibly choose just a few winners.
|Bracelet by Doris Stumpf and entered in the 7th Bead Soup Blog Party|