Total Pageviews

Friday, September 25, 2015

Welcome to the grand re-opening of my ETSY shop.

Green Bird Studios Grand Re-opening
https://www.etsy.com/shop/GreenBirdStudios
Original, hand-made, wearable art.
Jewelry


Hi. I'm Leslie. I've always been creative in one way or another. I inherited that gene from my mother who always had us
doing some kind of crafts as kids. For many years I was a knitting fool! I love fibers and marvel at the way you can take string and sticks and turn it into….. well, things! Like scarves and clothing, socks, and purses, and shoes, and jewelry. 
My latest creative craze however is jewelry making. That started when I saw a beautiful designer bracelet that I wanted to purchase but couldn't afford. I decided to try to make it myself. Which I did. And it turned out great! Just as beautiful at one tenth the cost. But without the designer logo. That was the start of the journey I've been on for the past few years.

My creative journey with jewelry is evolving as I learn technique after technique. I love beading. I love working with metal. I am a beginning metalsmith. I am learning to make lamp work beads from glass. I am dabbling in enameling. I've used macramé and knitting in some of my jewelry designs. My favorite techniques involve fire I've found. (To my husband's dismay!) I love using my torches to manipulate materials. 

I work with copper a lot. Not only because of it's affordability, but because of the warm beautiful variety of color. When heated or treated with various chemicals it changes to a myriad of reds, golds, greens, browns, and blues. It is an amazing metal I also like to work with leather and silk….soft fibers that feel good on your skin and add a bohemian dimension to my work. 

I am also an animal lover, bird lover, nature lover, wife, and most importantly a Christ follower. 

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." 
Psalm 139:13-14 

I give thanks and praise to the Ultimate Creator and Giver of life.

Below is a small sampling of new items in my shop. 20% discount offered to my blog readers. Just type GBSblog20 at checkout.







Thanks for stopping by! And remember, you don't have to wear departments store jewelry. You can wear a one of a kind piece of art.





No comments:

Post a Comment