Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 31, 2013

This is something I never thought I would do.

I never thought I would have a blog. I'm not even sure why I need one. I make jewelry. I want to participate in the Bead Soup events. Therefore I have to have a place to post pics of my jewelry. So here it is. Not that anyone is reading....or cares about my jewelry for that matter. But what the hey! Here goes nothing....maybe one day, someone will be interested in my endeavors.

A little bit about myself....I guess would be a good start. I am 54. I'm a flight attendant and a dental hygienist....weird combo I know....there's a bit of a story there. I am about to marry my forever guy in a quickie wedding on the beach in Florida with his mother in attendance.  We've been together almost  9 years.  I feel pretty confident in my decision to keep him forever.

I love nature. I love animals. I love being outdoors. I garden. I'm good at decorating. I love hiking, kayaking, camping, biking....if you can do it outdoors and get a little physical....I probably will at least like it! Oh yeah.  I love God.  (not necessarily in the above order)

I have always been crafty. I knit. I discovered jewelry making about a year ago after I discovered Pinterest.  I kept seeing the Chan Luu style leather and bead style wrap bracelets. I thought.....I can make that! I looked online and found a YouTube tutorial...sorry I don't remember which one...and made the bracelet.  That lead me to my local bead shop..... The Twisted Bead in Edgewater Maryland...and to more beading...then to metal smithing....and enameling....and glass lamp work...and fiber beads....and.....well I am still learning.  I haven't quite found "my thing" yet.  I have found that I love to create.  And I have discovered at this late date....that I might just be an artist.


One of the first sets I sold to a coworker. I like to work with copper and carved bone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment