Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 10, 2013

I hate mass production!

I spent the entire day making holiday dangle earrings for the craft show I'm participating in come November. While I liked the idea at first.... all that sparkle and bling that comes with Swarovski crystals... by mid-day I had had enough.  I made 22 pairs of gold and silver ear wires. Then I cut 22 pairs tiny gauge sterling and gold filled chains in varying lengths. Then I made 22 pairs of pave crystal ball bobbles..... exhausting.... and BORING!  I much prefer making one of a kind pieces.  But alas, a wise person I met at a metal smithing class told me that you have to make a lot of THAT (to sell) so that you can DO WHAT YOU REALLY WANT TO DO!  (hopefully to sell) 

THAT (below)

                                                                     
Swarovski crystal pave holiday ball dangle earrings.

A day's work.


WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO (below)

One of a kind silk wrapped choker and earrings.

Glass beads and Catholic medallion.







No comments:

Post a Comment