Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2017

Okay now I get to show you the bead soup I sent my partner! Keep in mind I selected and packaged these before I even knew who my partner was...and I think as things went, it was a good choice for her. Especially because she is a glass artist! And also because she admits to having a thing for purses.

I sent her a large pink vintage pressed glass button and and twelve vintage Venetian glass beads. I found both of these treasures at the DC Big Flea which is a a huge antiques market that is held several times a year in Chantilly VA.  


The little purse charm is sterling silver and opens! I honestly don't remember where I found that little treasure, but it has been in my stash for a long time.

The two flower charms, I made myself. They are forged from a vintage tin that I found at a junk shop. I cut the flowers, shaped them, riveted them together, and coated them with a thin layer of resin to protect the finish. 

Judy says she is happy with my soup and can't wait to start cooking. She is going to do something "non-jewelry" with the button for the reveal.  She has me very curious. Follow her blog and check out her lovely paintings and glass art on her website. 


This Bead Soup Blog Party is so much fun and has challenged me to "up my game" creatively.  In the past month or so, I feel like I'm beginning to find my voice, so to speak. I've been all over the map with my projects thus far because I've been trying technique after technique. Right now, I'm zeroed in on metal and I'm loving where I'm going. I think I might have something with my up-cycled tin flowers.  I've also been getting a lot of soldering practice in. 

Stay tuned to see what I create with Judy's incredible gift and what she makes with mine. Also check out Lori Anderson's Blog to see all of the participants' soups and creations on March 25, 2017 at the reveal party!

No comments:

Post a Comment